To install the device on a network
Use the following steps to install the device software in the following networking
You have a peer-to-peer network (a network without a dedicated print server)
1. Remove the protective cover from the device's network port and connect the
device to the network.
2. Close any third-party firewall and any applications that are running on the
computer system that are acting as the print server.
3. Insert the Starter CD into the CD drive. The CD menu starts automatically. If the
CD menu does not start automatically, browse to the CD drive of the computer and
4. On the CD menu, click Install, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
5. On the Connection Type screen, select Wired network/Wireless, and then click
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
To share the device with Windows client computers, see
To install the
device software on client computers
To share the device on a locally shared