Before you call
Visit the HP Web site (
) for the latest troubleshooting information, or product
fixes and updates.
To assist our Customer Care Center representatives to serve you better, prepare the following
information if you need to call HP.
1. Print the self-test diagnostic page of the device. For more information, see
self-test diagnostic page
. If the device does not print, get the following information ready:
Model number and serial number (check the back of the device)
2. Check the operating system that you are using, such as Windows XP.
3. If the device is connected to the network, check the network operating system.
Support and warranty
4. Note how the device is connected to your system, such as through USB or network
5. Obtain the version number of the printer software, such as HP Officejet Pro L7500 Series
Version: 184.108.40.206. (To find the version number of the printer driver, open the printer
settings or properties dialog box, and click the About tab.)
6. If you have a problem printing from a particular application, note the application and version